View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #168
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

Here are the "official" numbers from NFL.com (using Stats, Inc. - Elias Sports Bureau).

2 sacks, 10 QBHs, 4 passes batted down
16 out of 39 plays (35 passes, 2 sacks & 2 scrambles).
41%

I am not sure what the QBH number stands for (whether it was Hits, or Hurries, or both.)

But I can assure you that the number of times the pressure forced the QB into an incompletion is even higher (still count as a disruption.)

41% is an insane number by itself already.

Last year, we finished first in Profootball Focus ranking in QB disruption at some 33% of the time.
I forgot where the link is, but no other team was even close to that.

The 41% figure would have been higher if I count total disruption that caused an incompletion.

The problem in the Jags game was the back end (mainly the secondary, but also the LB - Dobbins took a bad angle and missed the tackle on the same play that KJ missed the tackle, for example.)

It definitely was not due to the lack of pressure.
Afterall, Henne was only 16 of 33,
He was also sacked once and had to scramble twice.
And of course, Gabbert was also sacked once.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote