View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #66
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried about Minnesota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Again, that fumble didn't just happen. Michael Bush isn't known for coughing it up. That was our defense that forced that fumble. So I don't think it's fair to our struggling defense to say things like, "without a crucial fumble" or "If Cutler didn't get hurt"

We did that, just like we allowed a 28 yard rushing TD.
When you win because a kicker doinks one off the goal post. When you eek out a win because your defense got ran on and then coughed up the ball near the goal line just before a TD was going to be scored. When you can't stop a journeyman QB and a rookie WR from having a field day with your secondary. When things like that happen, you absolutely must look at that and think, "What would happen if we played a really REALLY good team like the Patriots?"

And with the Vikings, they're not a great team. For the life of me I don't know how the conversation here gets framed in a way that makes it sound like I think our team is trash and the Vikings are Too Legit To Quit superstars bound for the Super Bowl. LOL. All I am saying is that the winds are blowing, the injury bug has bitten us, and other teams have pride to play for...some have the #1 seed on their mind...so it's OK for a Texans fan to be a bit leery of both the Vikings and the Patriots and for different reasons.