View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried about Minnesota?

Hey disaacks: I'd like you to go back to the following Game Day threads, please:

Jets game.

Bears game.

Jags game.

I didn't post, IIRC, in the Lions game because I was at in-laws house for it. But I felt the same way in that game I felt in the other three games aforementioned ^^^.

--------------

In those threads, people were wailing and gnashing teeth. Woe is me! It's the end! We suck! Yep, we deserve to lose. On and on and on....so many people were despondent as those games remained squeaky close throughout the game to the very end. Except I can say, honestly 100%, that in those games I never doubted we'd win. I just wondered HOW.

I'm not trying to brag here, I'm just saying that your attempt to paint me as a Doug Downer is patently incorrect. But you're obviously bent on portraying me that way, since I'm an easy target for that (i.e. GP doesn't pump sunshine like some Super Fans do). Fine. Have fun with it.

I don't doubt our team. In fact, I DO believe in our team. But I cannot and will not marginalize other NFL teams that I think pose somewhat of a challenge to us. With the Vikings, their running attack (if it gets going) it's nasty stuff on opposing defenses. With the Patriots, their passing game is lethal on opposing defenses. Run with one. Pass with the other one. Two teams, two different ways to beat up a defense.

I've seen us get gouged for runs of like 6, 10, and even 10+ yards A POP, so it's not exactly the dominating run defense it was a year ago. I've seen this secondary get toasted by a journeyman QB (Henne) on what was supposed to be a very weak Jags offense. Oops. Without a crucial fumble by the Bears' RB Bush, that game likely ends 13-10 in favor of Bears.

Super Bowl teams get the right bounces, for sure, but sometimes you just get beaten by either your own mistakes or by superior efforts of opponents. The Pats-Jets game was a combination of both of those. IF the Texans bring their best game, it'll be close and I expect to win it. If they slack and act like slugs, which frankly has been the norm the past month, then they're going to need help via Patriots mistakes.

If that makes me some sort of doofus like you are espousing, then ummm....yeah, OK. I've backed up my post with reasons why I think the way I think. I have no dog in any fight that involves trying to convert anyone to my thinking, either. It's just what I sense from having watched this whole season and looking at it as objectively as possible.