View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i completely understand the sentiment. kaepernick is likely MUCH more talented and is who harbaugh picked, but to me it seems unnecessarily rushed. talent is one thing, but in the playoffs experience is a much more critical factor IMO. the future is not now ... NOW is now. you have a great running game, an elite defense and a veteran quarterback who's excelling in your system with very few turnovers ... and you'd trust a rookie quarterback instead?

ask wade phillips who the 49'ers should start ... i bet he'd love to face a rookie qb in the postseason.
I think people forget how close the 49ers are to a Championship. That team got much closer than the Texans did & they're using the same formula. Alex Smith isn't "Matt Schaub" but Kaepernick isn't Tom Brady either.

Alex has been playing well. The 49ers are exactly where they are supposed to be. They are on track to get to the Super Bowl.

Throw Kaepernick in there's no telling how that will alter their course. For the better..... maybe. Throwing in an extra monkey wrench.... most likely.

After the season, I'd go Kaepernick all the way. Even if they win the Super Bowl (which they won't, because we will) if Kaepernick is "Harbaugh's guy"