View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #72
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
badboy, I fully understand your take of how your favorite team should win the game to have good feeling of the team. I do too. However, I've been a fan of Houston professional teams especially football for long time and I'd seen too many of those hard fought tough loses and would like to see more of wins than those loses. Of course, it would be nice to see very technically and tactically sound game by the Texans but sometimes even so call great team have some hiccup games during regular season and I am some what more forgiven to those hiccups than you.

Yes, I would be lying if I am not concern about our recent D performances.
But to me, this seems more to do with injuries to key players and Wade is trying to figure out how they put puzzles back together to be a good D performance unit. Obviously, lost of Cushing hurt us and J Jo absent also hurt us. However, I am trusting Wade to comes up with a solution and expecting some result VS Titans. I am looking forward to Merci's good showing at WOLB.

Anyway, we all have differences of opinion on things which makes us individually unique human being and it's all good.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote