View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #71
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I did read entire thread, the title and the following stuck out the most:

Bottom line is: All we should care about is the Texans going on a 3 game win streak in the playoffs and returning from from New Orleans with a silver trophy with a football on top.

I totally disagree with both. I do not see it happening, but if the 3 games are sloppy, I would not be happy.

Answer me this: Do you follow Texans for wins or performance? I have stated on this and other threads for me, it is about performance. Competition. I hate it when college teams usually rated top 10 annually play two or three games against some junior high college and then strut because they have a "great" season. Play that team for the cash it brings but do not count it in the record. As I know someone will argue all teams do that, it does not make it right.

Athletes compete to be competitive.
Nobody wants to watch garbage football. Nowhere did I state that should be the case. Just don't get so hung up on a win in which your team isn't running on all cylinders. As long as there isn't a pattern then it's just part of the NFL.

I follow the team because:
a) They are the team I choose to follow and have since 1999
b) They have a chance each season to win the Superbowl

Everything else is just building to accomplish "b". As explained above, of course I WANT the team to blow everyone out. I'll complain if my team does poorly. I'm not blind when they make bad decisions. If they don't make it to the playoffs or lose once they are there, it's off to next season. It's frustrating but it happens to 31 teams each year. But...if my team hoists the Lombardi at the end of the year, everything that happened during the season (good or bad) will send me and all the other Texans fans to cloud 9.