Thread: Ben Tate
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #107
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
All signs point toward Tate and his agent making it clear that Tate really should be getting a chance to start (somewhere) and that he's basically biding his time here in Houston. If I were the Texans, I would seek a trading partner in the offseason and get some draft day collateral out of him/ Otherwise, he's going to be gimpy and a bit unreliable in 2013 in his last year here. Get something before he goes on his own, that's my take on it.
I've though similarly along those lines as well. Guess we'll know/see when it all shakes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Ben Tate, I'm not sure he's Grade A starter material. The injuries, the lack of being "the guy" for several games week in and week out, the fact that he's on a helluva' team right now AND benefits from the change of pace he has in terms of teams facing Foster most of the game. I'm skeptical he's starter quality. Helluva' RB, no doubt.
Not so sure I agree with this statement. I don't think it would take long to find a job if he were to become a FA. What range draft pick we'd drag from him is a different story. I know some here have talked about him bringing a first rounder but I never really thought so. I'm thinking 4th'ish.

Never know what will happen in the heated passion that's draft day on the clock though.

Guess we can all hide-n-watch.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote