View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #67
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I post pretty selectively about the team. I read pretty much everything in the Texans part of the forum, but I only post when I feel something needs defending, so that may be why I come off as not being able to critique the Texans. I really am not a prototypical internet person, I guess. I must still be of the if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all generation. As far as the Mom bit, just ask my boys. I had to stand up to some very strong willed boys, and their current success in life tells me I did a pretty good job. They got told plenty when I felt they were doing something wrong.

I just think it is ridiculous to have the attitude that one would not be happy with a sloppy Super Bowl win. I stood on the sidelines as a sports photographer for 8 years of High School games. As a female of my generation, I obviously never played the game. But being on the sidelines and witnessing up close and personal the physicality of the game and the emotions of the players, I would never discount a win.

I may view my role as a fan differently than yours, but it is dismissive to tell me that I am a mom who can tell my children no wrong. I guess I need to go back to the cooking forum. There is a huge battle going on over range feed vs grocery store eggs.
Please do not "go back to cooking forum." I enjoy exchanging ideas with you. We do not have to agree. I made the mom comment as I cannot recall ever reading anything of you being critical of a Texan.

As to your comment about being happy with a sloppy SB win...if that game was only sloppy one all season, I of course would accept it BUT would discuss the areas needing improvement with Texans fans in my social world and this MB.