View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #66
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Release Jason Babin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If claimed off waivers. I wouldn't doubt that some team will pick him up off waivers but now that the word is out that he quit on his team, they'd have to be pretty desperate.
Actually, "Quit" is probably one of the least likely things to keep a team from picking him up off waivers. Think about it from a Head Coach/General Manager standpoint:

Bad knee/neck/shoulder etc. - I can't fix that
Older than dirt - I can't fix that
Too stupid to understand the scheme - you can't fix stupid
Not enough talent/athletic ability to succeed - I can't fix that
Crappy attitude - I CAN fix that.

Not saying I believe it, but I'm guessing there's more than few coaches in the NFL who do.

Also, Babin's under contract for three more years, and to tie down a guy who's less than one season removed from 18 sacks for less than $6 Million a year with the caveat that you can walk away for nothing after a 5 game $1.6 Million test drive may not be a bad gamble.