View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
1. CB is an interesitng choice in the first. Assuming Joseph stays and Kareem has really picked up his play this year. Are you transitioning him into a slot corner role currently occupied by McCain? Harris and Carmichael are still on the team. Have you given up on them? Are you already thinking about converting to safety?
talk about a lot here.....
Quoting Rick Smith, "you can never have too many good CB's" that said answers firs question. Rhodes is a big boundary corner who would not have to start immediately (bonus) so he can make a smooth transition into the NFL & Wade Phillips//Vance Joseph system. When JJ aggravates his hamstring or whatever injury occurs to Texan starting duo in comes Xavier, if he earns his chance to start. This will allow Texans to focus resources on another position to retain possible free agents besides CB most notably Brice McCain. I expect Brandon Harris to take over nickle if this happens. Ball is also a free agent. By making one pick early on a top CB prospect Texans can set secondary for years to come.

Quote:
2. My guy Fluker. LOVE it.
You forced me to pay more attention to his play & think your right about him holding down RT spot. This frees up Newton to move back to swing tackle & probable rotation to save players legs plus more quality depth @ tackle position. Butler is most likely gone.

Quote:
3. Interesting choice going back to the OL. Just drafted Brandon Brooks in third last year. Would taking Kyle suggest team is giving up on Brooks?
Long can become a premier LG. Has nothing to do with Brooks who is a RG prospect. Someday when Myers moves on you could see a Texan OL of Brown/Long/Jones/Brooks/Flucker. With best swing tackle in NFL Newton.

Quote:
3. I like Alonso, but I don't see him as a 3-4 OLB. I see him as a MLB. He is smart enough to call the plays/audibles and could work very well with Cush.
Not going to argue with this at all, which is why I say he is a special LB prospect because he is a 3 down LB. Plus in coverage, run support & pass rush.

Quote:
4. Honestly don't know much about him. Will defer to you while i research him.
Had to spend some time scouting him, don't follow Duke football. What I found was surprising athletic ability, speed, cutting/route running & yards after the catch. He has better hands than Martin, fundamentally sound & just makes play after play more like Ryan Broyles last year for Oklahoma. Not ever going to be confused as a #1 WR prospect but certainly in mix for a #2 or #3 spot let competition deceide.

Quote:
5. I like the idea of adding a RB. Fresh, healthy, backs are needed for this system. Drafting a RB in the fifth is a great idea. Furthermore, Ware is a great option for the system. A little on the shorter side with size and speed. Can take a 4 yard gain and make it a 20 yarder. Excellent selection!
You pretty much nailed it, this is they type of downhill runner in Texans ZBS that could really thrive & hopefully keep healthy because Foster needs less reps to stay fresh & healthy himself.

Quote:
5. Not sure about White. Yes he is a bigger NT(330) but from what I have seen he is not exactly a penetrator or gap shooter. He seems to be more of a guy who plays the run and tries to take on defenders. He is a good player, but I am not sure if this is the guy Wade would want in this system.
You read my write-up? Not a penetrating nose but can in this system with better players around him & does have the motor which should keep the rotation fresher late in games.

Quote:
6. TE: check. From Colorado:Check. If he was from CSU, you could pencil him in as a near lock Kubipick! All joking aside he is a good TE with blocking ability and pass catching skills. Not the fastest, but they could work with that.
No worries, every year I project a TE only to come up empty so have little to no expectations Texans will draft him. Except if they did, he is big enough to help more in blocking schemes & work into some pass catching reps but primarily a blocker with upside to develop within salary cap limitations better than they presently have on practice squad.

Quote:
6. Another kicker. I have Sharp, you have Allen. Allen is a great choice as he actually won the Ray Guy award last year and beat out big leg Jags punter Bryan Anger. ANger went in the 3rd. If Allen wins the Ray Guy award again, would he last this late?
Special teams will be addressed in back to back drafts. First a kicker, Bullock now a kicker Allen or Sharp doesn't matter to me just long as they do it. I'm skeptical given Kubiak's loyalty towards a trusted coach & friend that he would fire Joe without giving him every chance & opportunity imaginable.

Quote:
7. Same mindset between us. Both of us have a really good player falling all the way out due to injury. I would have 0 problems with this pick. I would even consider giving him the whole 2013 season to rehab on IR and let him come back fully healed and ready to play in 2014.
I orginally was looking @ Mauti in 3rd rd. for Texans. Still like Texans addressing ILB in 3rd (Kiko Alonzo) also like Stanford ILB Shayne Skov. If healthy Mauti is in discussion with all three, but with latest injury it really hurts him in next years draft. I also agree with you if drafted to give him essentially they year off to rehab, heck they did it with Sharpton. In the end the Texans would be loaded at a position right now they are thin. Low risk high reward pick.

Thanks so much for your exceptional feedback, time & input

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 11-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote