View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboy Fans petition to remove Jerry Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
what gets me is that jerry does appear to have a pretty good eye for talent.
I don't know that I would agree with that. I mean, who really supports this position? Ware, Romo, Ratliff and Witten are all holdovers from the Parcells days (and yeah, I know Jerry was the GM at the time, but I give Parcells credit for having input on the draft). And yeah, they've hit on a pick or two since then (most notably Sean Lee), but when you look for the solid mid-round picks that teams really need, I don't see much of that on the Cowboys. Incidentally, while Dez Bryant may be among the top 2 or 3 most talented WR's in the league, I see him as at best a break even proposition, and at worst, evidence that Jones doesn't know how to draft to build a team.

They had 2 players in last years pro-bowl, three players in the NFL Players top 100 list, and all of these guys were drafted while Parcells was there.

In short, I just think the Cowboys personnel has tended to be overrated a bit, for the same reason the Cowboys themselves have been consistently overrated for a long time now - they're overrated because they're the Cowboys.