View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: Best LT in the League

Travis was before my time of studying game tapes; I only asked people to forget about his draft status. I saw him as an effective guy in a rotation; never thought of him as a legit starter.

Brandon Harris, just like Caldwell, my take was that he won't replace Jackson just as Caldwell won't replace Myers; I even said that Caldwell had a long way to go to replace Brisiel (in his second year). During that PS, some posters asked for my take and that was what I said (quite a few people still had high hope for him at the time.)

Caldwell is a pretty good player; I never sold him short. I just thought that both Myers and Brisiel were quite better at the time.

A healthy Caldwell is quite better than the rookie Ben Jones.
Problem is Caldwell has seen a lot of down time.
As an O-lineman, you can't afford much down time.
The chemistry, especially in the ZBS, doesn't tolerate that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote