View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Release Jason Babin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Nothing solid, just my gut.

I can't believe a guy they wanted in the second round doesn't have the talent to get on the field. They brought in Alan Ball to get real snaps, they had Jason Allen getting real snaps.

I'm sure he's got issues..... but so does Kareem and Brice but they never wavered from starting them.
Seniority.

Kubiak is very big on seniority. Whereas a lot of teams will play the best man, Kubiak will 99% of the time keep a more senior player out there and make the younger guy stay as depth and wait until injury to the older guy....even if the older guy is older by 1 year.

Almost like an old-school college coach who makes freshmen sit and seniors are starters unless there's not senior at a position...and THEN he's gonna' have a junior at that spot, etc.

Now, this isn't true across the board. Obviously Foster is the starter and he's younger than Forsett...but honestly Foster is the main RB because his talent is so much more advanced than Tate and Forsett. But you put Forsett and Tate side by side, and due to their role being similar and production being similar, Kubiak is siding with the veteran here and telling the young guy to buck up.

Kubiak is developing that talent, and I think Brandon Harris is on the sideline for that same reason. Kareem, JJo, Ball, McCain...all these guys were in the secondary before Harris was IIRC. There's a method to Kubiak's madness. I think it's one of the reasons the locker room is as healthy as it is. Until somebody rocks the boat, maybe? Then Kubiak goes and lays down a little smack in the media, righting the ship a little if it needs it. Just my guess.