View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Every fan wants their team to win every game and win by 50 points. The point is - IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. That is the point of this thread. Ask any Patriots fan if they would trade 5-6 of their wins in 2007 for a 1 point win in the Superbowl. I'd bet every single fan would do it. Every one.

Sometimes fans (myself included) get too into stats. If the Texans win all the remaining regular season games by 5 points combined - we should all be thrilled. The time for quality of wins ended when Houston beat the Bengals during the regular season last year. Unless there is a sign of a serious problem (like the defense in 2010 after 6 games) it doesn't matter what the score is for a win. Winning big doesn't give you a bigger W. It's only nice when you are playing for next season.

Every team starts the playoffs with the same record. Only the team that wins every game in the playoffs gets to take home the trophy. Doesn't matter how they win. The only goal that the Texans staff and players should be looking at is Superbowl victories. Everything else is just a consolation prize for participating in another team's championship season.

Reread the original post. No team blows through the regular season. Most lay a few turds along the way. Fortunately, the Texans's have had only 1 bad game this season and 2 where they didn't play to their potential for the entire game. The fact that the Texans had some hiccups on defense the past 2 games and the offense exploded shows just how good they are.

The point is to enjoy this season - even the "sloppy" wins.
I like your post.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote