View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #30
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
First: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State 6'1" 217
Texans like their CB's big & physical so Rhodes sure qualifies. Could also switch over to FS down the road.

Second: D.J. Flucker, RT, Alabama 6'6" 335
Right tackle only prospect, allows Newton to move back into swing role & rotate. Physical run dominante road grader to help solidify right side (careful how you say his name).
Third: Kyle Long, LG, Oregon 6'7" 312
Wade Smith replacement after next season. Son of Howie Long, he plays like his dad with an attitude, high ceiling LG prospect. In short a beast.

Third (comp): Kiko Alonso, ILB/OLB, Oregon 6'3" 242
Going with what I know, Ducks, three down LB who can kick inside or play some OLB. Smart, instinctive, with good range in coverage, blitz & run support. How about some Latino love from Amigo's?
Fourth: Connor Vernon, WR, Duke 6'0" 200
Well rounded, with surprising athletic ability to get open. Also excellent route runner, heady & willing blocker. Think Kevin Walter with speed.

Fifth: Spencer Ware, RB LSU 5'11" 225
Great size/speed combo to replace Tate (likely to be shopped) maintaining much needed depth behind Foster to keep him healthy.
Fifth (comp): Anthony White, NT, Michigan State 6'2" 330
Later than I would like to address nose, but expect Cody to resign on the cheap & Texans picked up Terrell McClain as well have David Hunter stashed away.

Sixth: Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado 6'5 & 5/8" 260
Texans are good @ finding great value for position. Texans are also a bit undersized for position & might benefit from a big body they can mold.
Sixth (comp): Ryan Allen, Punter, Louisiana Tech 6'2" 215
Donnie Jones has been solid but why not bring a big time leg into camp to compete for job next off season? Allen leads nation in punting average 48.04 per pop.
Seventh: Michael Mauti, ILB/OLB, Penn State 6'2" 240
History of knee injury's hurts his draft stock, however if he can get with a team like Texans with excellent medical & rehab facilities he has a chance on returning & contributing both on special teams & provide depth on defense.

There is a lot of good stuff here. COmments are nit picking.

1. CB is an interesitng choice in the first. Assuming Joseph stays and Kareem has really picked up his play this year. Are you transitioning him into a slot corner role currently occupied by McCain? Harris and Carmichael are still on the team. Have you given up on them? Are you already thinking about converting to safety?

2. My guy Fluker. LOVE it.

3. Interesting choice going back to the OL. Just drafted Brandon Brooks in third last year. Would taking Kyle suggest team is giving up on Brooks?

3. I like Alonso, but I don't see him as a 3-4 OLB. I see him as a MLB. He is smart enough to call the plays/audibles and could work very well with Cush.

4. Honestly don't know much about him. Will defer to you while i research him.

5. I like the idea of adding a RB. Fresh, healthy, backs are needed for this system. Drafting a RB in the fifth is a great idea. Furthermore, Ware is a great option for the system. A little on the shorter side with size and speed. Can take a 4 yard gain and make it a 20 yarder. Excellent selection!

5. Not sure about White. Yes he is a bigger NT(330) but from what I have seen he is not exactly a penetrator or gap shooter. He seems to be more of a guy who plays the run and tries to take on defenders. He is a good player, but I am not sure if this is the guy Wade would want in this system.

6. TE: check. From Colorado:Check. If he was from CSU, you could pencil him in as a near lock Kubipick! All joking aside he is a good TE with blocking ability and pass catching skills. Not the fastest, but they could work with that.

6. Another kicker. I have Sharp, you have Allen. Allen is a great choice as he actually won the Ray Guy award last year and beat out big leg Jags punter Bryan Anger. ANger went in the 3rd. If Allen wins the Ray Guy award again, would he last this late?

7. Same mindset between us. Both of us have a really good player falling all the way out due to injury. I would have 0 problems with this pick. I would even consider giving him the whole 2013 season to rehab on IR and let him come back fully healed and ready to play in 2014.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote