View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #51
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I don't recall saying either JJ or AJ or Schaub have played sloppily. You need to look again at the thread title that the "quality of wins-not important". I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also. I agree with all you say in this post except where you think I have a negative attitude. I do not want to seem like I am attacking you. I would not do that, but you do have the rep for not being able to critique the Texans. I enjoy your enthusiasm but you are like the mom who never tells her kids they are doing something wrong. I think you can love someone and still be honest with them. Coaches do that on a regular basis. You can bet behind the scenes, Wade and Gary point out slop when they see it. IMO so do the players you identify; they are supreme competitors. Jags game was a sloppy one by the team.

Again I am not talking about the "any given Sunday.." game where a team just gets upset by a perceived lesser team. Players know when they are sloppy. We should also. I am more critical of myself than others are of me. I think most competitors are.
I post pretty selectively about the team. I read pretty much everything in the Texans part of the forum, but I only post when I feel something needs defending, so that may be why I come off as not being able to critique the Texans. I really am not a prototypical internet person, I guess. I must still be of the if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all generation. As far as the Mom bit, just ask my boys. I had to stand up to some very strong willed boys, and their current success in life tells me I did a pretty good job. They got told plenty when I felt they were doing something wrong.

I just think it is ridiculous to have the attitude that one would not be happy with a sloppy Super Bowl win. I stood on the sidelines as a sports photographer for 8 years of High School games. As a female of my generation, I obviously never played the game. But being on the sidelines and witnessing up close and personal the physicality of the game and the emotions of the players, I would never discount a win.

I may view my role as a fan differently than yours, but it is dismissive to tell me that I am a mom who can tell my children no wrong. I guess I need to go back to the cooking forum. There is a huge battle going on over range feed vs grocery store eggs.