View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #49
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.
I don't recall saying either JJ or AJ or Schaub have played sloppily. You need to look again at the thread title that the "quality of wins-not important". I disagree with that and I think most Texans players would also. I agree with all you say in this post except where you think I have a negative attitude. I do not want to seem like I am attacking you. I would not do that, but you do have the rep for not being able to critique the Texans. I enjoy your enthusiasm but you are like the mom who never tells her kids they are doing something wrong. I think you can love someone and still be honest with them. Coaches do that on a regular basis. You can bet behind the scenes, Wade and Gary point out slop when they see it. IMO so do the players you identify; they are supreme competitors. Jags game was a sloppy one by the team.

Again I am not talking about the "any given Sunday.." game where a team just gets upset by a perceived lesser team. Players know when they are sloppy. We should also. I am more critical of myself than others are of me. I think most competitors are.