View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #47
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.