View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.