View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eagles Release Jason Babin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If he clears waivers, we can get him for the vet minimum.

We've given plenty other players the benefit of the doubt & blamed coaching for our previous issues. Babin has managed to stay in the league a "long" time & has had some success.

With our current coaching staff, who knows?

But wasn't Kollar the DL coach when we released Babin? As an OLB he'd probably spend more time with Herring... so I don't know.

I & the staff probably have high expectations of Mercilus, so we'll probably wait it out for that reason alone.
Andrew Brandt says whatever team picks him up this year will take a $1.64 million CAP hit. Pretty sure that it means the new team gets a cap hit, I can't see why the league would hit the Eagles for $1.64 million if he's not on their roster anymore.

I don't see the Texans using that amount of cap space for him.

adbrandt Andrew Brandt
$1.64M. RT @Wade_Harrison If claimed, what's the new team cap hit for Babin? Original 5.5 or 1.6 balance?