View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowboy Fans petition to remove Jerry Jones

I think things like this makes it harder for Jerrah to make the decision to step down as GM of the Dallas Cowboys. I know it may have been false hope, but I was hoping his, "I'd fire myself if I could" statement was a prelude to him getting a traditional GM or VP of football operations.

I know people don't like his style. Most think he doesn't know anything about football. But if I were in his position, I don't know that I wouldn't be involved with my football team.

If I'm Jerry, I'd go back to Parcells & try to figure out what I did wrong. He hired an experienced winner. He didn't get too involved with team decisions. He's alway gotten them talented players. If he did anything wrong during that time, it may have been bringing in TO. However, if I'm a GM & I have Bill Parcells as my coach, I would think he would be able to handle a TO.

Then we moved on to Wade. Probably shouldn't have hired Garrett first. If I thought he was the future of the Dallas Cowboys, but didn't think he was ready, I'd have to let him go. If someone were to pick him up as a head coach, then I've got to trust I made the right decision when I thought he wasn't ready. At the very least, I should have brought Wade in first & let him make the decision on Garrett. Lastly, nothing against Wade, but I don't see how he could have thought that he & Wade were a match made in heaven. Jj is over the top & Wade is under the radar, too radically different personalities.

Jason Garrett. I haven't really followed the Cowboys as closely as I had in years past. I don't know if Jerry is getting "too involved" or if he's letting him coach. Some people will fault Jerry for being on the sidelines.... yet I've seen McNair on the sidelines quite a bit. If he's just there, I don't see that as a problem.

Now, the only thing I would have done differently if I were Jerry, since Parcells, is that I would have demanded more from my coaches in the way of player development. Romo came up out of nowhere. Austin came up out of nowhere. But the Cowboys don't have any "Role-players" that they developed. Like Chris Myers, Glover Quin, Kevin Walter, or Owen Daniels. Especially on the OL, they've got to do something there & that's been an issue since Parcells.