View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub calls out Suh, wouldn't want him on Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, Vandy realized he asked a close-ended question (a question that can have a Yes or No answer with no further details)....so in his error I think Vandy quickly recovered and asked him to explain why he said "No" to the question.

No harm in that. I think you're making more of it than what's there. That's my gig, so stop trying to copy me. I think we all wanted to hear Matt Schaub explain his feelings, even if it was a bit of a tangent question to begin with.

I personally liked hearing him say negative things about Suh. I mean, Suh is trying to straight up injure every QB he faces no matter what...so it's not like this awakened some sleeping giant in Suh or anything. Matt is making sure he's on record as being very anti-Suh.
I was good with a simple, straight-forward "No."
Direct. To the point. No embellishment necessary. That works perfectly for me.

And when you think about it and the kind of players Uncle Bob and his Texans have historically signed up, Schaub's answer was the obvious answer to that question. No way Suh fits in our locker room.

So you're right, it was a tangential question. What purpose did it serve other than to provide sound-bite fodder for ESPN, et. al.?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote