View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012   #17
GregR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respectedGregR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sorry Jackholes at PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What's ironic is that Florio is a lawyer.

Yes, one and the same. Florio is a good gossip gather. But a poor prognosticator.

You're right about the Favre/Manning angle. Florio has no respect for Schaub. But, he went heavy on Cushing at the time of his suspension, so he's being consistent (if not accurate).

I read PFT regularly and have since the Texans came into existence. They're newsbreakers who aren't afraid to call out anyone. Doesn't mean they're right all of the time, or even most of the time. But PFT is willing to tell it like it is (or what they think it is). Sort of a 21st century cyber-Cosell.
I read them a lot too, mainly because most any breaking story they will have something about.

But on the bolded statement... I've felt for awhile that PFT is willing to tell it however will play to the largest outraged segment of the public and garner page hits. Some issues it seems like they pander to initial widespread outrage, and then when the public moves on they switch and pander to the fan base most affected by the issue. The ones who will keep clicking on the topic.
GregR is offline   Reply With Quote