View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know Rey, his numbers in the short shuttle and three-cone are comparable to Sharpton. He's faster in the 10-20 and 40.
And he's much bigger than Sharpton.
I think he should be able to handle it.
Lots of guys have posted good times and can't play a lick. I figured someone would bring up his combine numbers.

I can't explain it really, but some guys just have better reactionary and anticipatory athleticism.

When you are running drills you can practice that drill....over and over...you know exactly what you're going to do...the drill doesn't change...

Even if you don't practice, you know exactly what you're doing far ahead of time.

On the field it's not the same. Guys with slower times all of a sudden look quicker and more explosive.

Mario posted great numbers too, but he doesn't play nearly as explosive as those numbers indicate. Doesn't explode off the line like you'd think he should based on numbers.

Really different when your brain knows 'on your mark, set, go' vs. Trying to get off the ball on a qb's cadence.

Are you trying to tell me reed looks quick and explosive out there on the field????
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote