Thread: Andy Reid
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Andy Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Maybe out of respect. Reid is a class act and imo a heck of a lot better coaching option than Chucky or The Chin, or most of the other names you hear bandied about out there. Give him a better GM and a less meddlesome owner.
I ask, because I watched his presser after the game on NFLN & it looked painful. I would think it would be an act of mercy to let him go. Or at least put him on temporary leave, not say whether you're going to fire him or not. I would think that would be the best thing to do for the organization. I personally wouldn't fire him. Give him some time off, let him get his stuff together.

After thinking it over, that's exactly what I'd do. Tell the media he's on leave to let him deal with his personal issues. Tell Reid, the ball is in his hands. He needs to figure out what he needs/wants to do, but he's got to give the organization an answer by Jan 25th (after the season, but before the Super Bowl). Then while he's gone, I would get with my football people & decide what we want to do going forward. If that means a new GM.. new GM & Coach... just a new Coach, whatever.

If we decide we want to continue with Reid & Reid decides he wants to continue coaching, then alls good. We're on the same page & we go forward.

If we decide we want to continue with Reid but he doesn't want to, I'll try to convince him to stay, explain to him what changes we're going to make to make him successful. However, if in the end he still doesn't want to stay with the Eagles, I'd ask him to stay out of football for a year.

If we decide we don't want to go forward with Reid & he wants to keep coaching, we break the news to him. However, we'll allow him to announce his resignation & ask him to stay away from coaching for a year (it's up to Reid if he wants to do that or not, however since I just gave him a month off with pay, I'd expect him to work with me). If he doesn't, that's ok. I still think I did the right thing.

If we decide & Andy decides we need to part ways, then we do so, no strings attached.

But bottom line, I wouldn't subject him to any more of those press conferences & weeks of media scrutiny. I think that's cruel.