Thread: AFC Tie-breaker
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Tie-breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I sure would like to win the next two games and lock up at least a first round bye. Then all we would need is a third win or Baltimore loss to secure the #1 seed. That would also allow us to rest key starters for the last 2 games and recover for 3+ weeks! That alone would give us the edge to tear up the AFC on the way to a Super Bowl bid. Reed, JJo, Cody, OD, AJ all at full strength would make this team unstoppable!
I was thinking the same thing. I was actually thinking we might even be able to wrap up the #1 seed with two straight wins IF the Ravens and Broncos drop 1 or 2 games in the next two weeks.

Because I don't see us dropping both Colts games. I think we win vs. Vikings too. That gives us a Titans win, a Patriots win, a Vikings win, and at worst split with Indy. Or if we sweep Indy, it gives us a freebie to lose to the Pats or a trap game loss to the Vikes. That'd be a final record of 14-2. Even if we went 13-3, by beating the Patriots we're a lock for the HFA.

Losing to the Patriots is what can undo a lot of stuff if cards fall certain ways the rest of the reg season.

To have wrapped up either ONE first round bye, or maybe even hopefully the whole Home Field Advantage, would be a great feeling.