Thread: Ben Tate
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate

There was a time, I think it was Tate's second year here...where Tate had gone to Kubiak's office either early in preseason or maybe even camp...and Tate (by his own words, and I don't even know where to start looking for the actual article on it) but Tate tells Kubiak he had sorted some stuff out and was 100% dedicated to being a better RB.

I remember it, just not sure where it was at.

Is Kubiak a guy who always has a Judas in the room, that one guy that the other players see and think "Whew! Glad I'm not THAT guy." It's a tactic some leader employ, to keep everyone else in line. Nobody wants to be Judas.

Granted, I know neither of those two guys...but why would Kubiak be so hard on him? Hamstrings are hard to recover from, you can't do anything BUT stay off it and when you come back you have to do it slowly or you'll be right back where you were. Maybe Tate isn't doing the prescribed preventative things he can do to avoid the hammie issues? Proper stretches, more time with the trainers, etc.

Foster was benched less than a half in the Raiders game, for attitude problems. Jacoby missed a game in Jacksonville for being late to team meetings too many times, but yet he was right back into the starting lineup the very next game. Tate has a hammie and he doesn't get RB2 back when he comes back???? Sorry, where there's smoke there's fire.

Whereas Kubiak could punish Foster and Tate because their transgressions were committed NOT with an accompanying injury, he can't very well punish Tate (who might have underlying issues we don;t know about) except for saying that Forsett has been running so well that it precludes Kubiak to keep Forsett at RB2 for now. An indirect punishment, IMO.