View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #22
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 'Fireman Ed' quits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Fireman Ed's fame goes way beyond 15 minutes. I'm sure all the hardcore football fans know him (& it's not an insult to insinuate you aren't hardcore, I'm not hardcore, I'm more of a Texans fan than a football fan). He's prominent at the games. Every Jets game, they show fireman Ed on TV. He's been to every draft I can remember. Dude's made a spectacle of himself for years. Even without the get-up, I would think New Yorkers would recognize him.
Well, escuse me for NOT watching the Jets!! Could care less about them, except when they play us, and I've never seen him on TV. ALL I'm saying is that you don't have to make a spectacle of yourself to be hardcore! If the man wants to "quit" whatever it is he is doing, then so be it!! Let him go in peace! There will be someone else ready to step right in and take his place.

Just curious! what's the definition of "hardcore" anyway? I know some "hardcore" fans who don't know the D from the O, and have NO flippin clue who some of our players are. Is it a person's overall knowledge of the GAME, including all players and teams, or just someone who attends all the games but doesn't know squat about the game? just wondering!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote