View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Gary Kubiak Presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Why hasn't Barwin been playing SLB before now? It makes sense that he would, but what's Wade's reason?
Who would you put on the weak-side?

The only "pass rusher" we have is Mercilus & they probably didn't want to overwhelm him if we didn't have to. Barwin showed some ability from WOLB last season, but this year, even at WOLB, he hasn't been used exclusively as a pass rusher.

So some of his "lack of production" is due to not being on kill all the time. But only some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Why exactly can Reed not be moved to Inside LB next year? He is relentless and one of the strongest players on our team. Has coverage ability, blitzing ability and is used to taking on bigger players.
I'd love to see it. However, there are two things they've got to think about when assinging positions.

#1, I think, is getting your best players on the field.
#2, rotation/depth.

I want Brooks, Barwin, Mercilus, & Cush on the field, I think that's our best four. But then what? Barwin & Reed are our only SOLBs. I imagine when Whitney comes on the field, he plays WOLB & either Barwin or Reed plays SOLB. I like Brahman, but he's really a weakside guy, I think, and Nading is lucky to have a job..... still.

Maybe Mr Alexander can play the SOLB, I think Dobbins & Sharpton are straight inside players.