View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I sort of object to the "Schaub calls out..." inference in the title. At first they tried to get him to comment on the event itself by asking, in so many words, "why didn't you get pissed off? To which Schaub answered (again paraphrasing from memory), "I'm trying to play QB, get the next play, and run my offense. I don't have time to get caught up..."

Well that wasn't soundbite worthy enough so they changed tactics and asked the would you like him as a teammate question. At first his answer was a simple "no". And it seemed to me that that was all Schaub had to say about it. But not getting quite the bulletin board sound bite they were looking for, they kept digging and digging at Schaub until he expounded.

This whole mess is getting the Texans way too much attention. Now ESPN - and the OP - is saying Schaub is "calling Suh out".

I suppose next the media will go to Suh or Schwartz and ask "did you hear what Schaub said about you?"

Disgusting.
They didn't keep digging after the teammate question.

They asked him if he'd like suh as a teammate and he gave his full answer.

Mark vandameer spends a lot of time with the team and he said schaub was really unhappy about what suh did to him and was going to give some negative indictment of suh no matter how the questioning went. This is coming from a guy that works at the texans facility and rides on the team plane with these guys.

I listen to Matt every Monday and he is the king of coach speak for the most part.

For him to say he doesn't want a guy as a teammate is pretty strong. For him to say that a guy is not "texans worthy" is even stronger.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote