View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 'Fireman Ed' quits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I can tell you one thing, I could never see Joe Texan doing this. I bet he'd tell you, "You can pry my hat from cold dead hands!" This Jets guy just sounds like a shameless attention whore, but that kind of makes sense given the organization he follows.
Didn't a Patriots fan grab Joe's hat and take a bite out of it when Houston hosted the Super Bowl? I seem to remember him telling me that story.

Every team has "super fans". Of course I have known Joe, Preston and some others there in Houston for years. I have already gotten to know and tailgated with the ones here such as Capt Bones, Shiphead, Capt Rino, etc.

They all like the attention. It's why they dress up in their costumes. It's part of the fun for them. I personally enjoy being around them on game day as it adds to the experience.

That said, underneath the costumes they are no different than most of us fans. They feel the same frustration when things are going bad and the same excitement when things are going well.

Of course with the costumes comes the attention and sometimes the spotlight as in the case of Fireman Ed. I am sure he has gotten perks over the years so you have to take the good with the bad.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote