View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P.King on Watt & Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
So basically your entire assesment of defensive linemen is solely based on sacks (16.5 v. 14.5 which includes the mysterious sack they took away from Watt v. Miami)? The reason I ask is Watt leads Smith in almost every other defensive catagories.

Tackles:
Watt 54 (44 solo) - Smith 48 (40 solo)

Passes defended:
Watt 13 - Smith 0
Damnit!! I said that. ^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok again like i said Watt is facing constant double teams against G and OT and a lot of time triple teams with the HB helping out. Miller gets a lot of one on one and gets a lot of TE/HB match-ups. You cannot look at the stats/rushes and get an accurate conclusion. And i sure as hell hope he gets to the QB more per rushes. Again it all has to do with his position.

And the reason Watt will get DPOY is because it is so much more rare for a 3-4 DE to have the kinda success that watt is compared to the success of the position miller plays.

Watt Miller
Sacks 14.5 14.0
TFL 24 23
TCKL 54 47
Solo 44 39
PD 13 0
FF 0 4

Ok Now Miller has 4 FF, how many Tipped passes by watt has turned into turnovers ? I have no idea but i bet its close if not more than 4. Dont see how u think a guy who gets to go against TE's and HB's more times than not clearly wins out over the guy who gets double teames by the big guys up front and STILL has better stats than Miller.