Thread: AFC Tie-breaker
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #44
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Tie-breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's not what I said, yet how did I know you'd be replying that way???

Oh yeah. Patterns. I almost forgot.

I'm just saying that as Big Boy as we think our Texans have been this year, the Patriots are beyond Big Boy...they're like Galactus.

No shame or self-loathing when I say we have to bring our A+ game and get some help from them too. Just keeping it real. This is the big time now.
New England has had periods of sluggishness and inabilities to put away weaker opponents just as the Texans have. They've lost 3 with a SOV lower than ours. Granted, their SOS is higher, but not by much.

I see a lot of "this team beat so and so by more points than we did so they are better than us" from the doomsayers. Well, New England lost to Baltimore and we destroyed them. The transitive property of equality would mean we're better than NE. I know it doesn't work that way, but I think we can match up well with them. Brady could give us fits, but this team was built to beat Manning. I think they can beat Brady.

I don't think the Pats are worlds better than us and even if they win in 2 weeks I still won't buy it. If they come here and beat us in the playoffs I'll agree.

Any given Sunday.