View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
What team ever just rolls through a season? As has been mentioned, the Giants, the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION GIANTS, lost 7 games last year. Say what you want about them, they have the hardware, and if you tell Giant fan they slopped to the title, it doesn't matter. Scoreboard.

The Texans may be playing through some sloppy games right now, but they are still winning those games. The Giants played a couple of sloppy games the last 2 weeks and lost. Come January, none of that is really going to mean a whole lot. The Patriots were 16-0 but when January started they were 0-0, just like the other 11 teams that made it to the 2nd season.

Teams have bad stretches of games. The best teams lose to the worst teams on any given day. You just have bad days. You get into funks. That's just the nature of sports. The fact that the Texans are still finding ways to win when not playing their best is pretty freaking sweet. If the Texans are having one of those bad days in January, the fact that they know they can win a game like that can only help.

2 straight years of double digit wins sure beats 9 straight years of no playoffs. Let's enjoy the ride for a change.
I see bad day diffferent than sloppy day. A bad day is when Schaub bounce a pass off a TE and it is intercepted, or referees don't blow whistle when the runner is down and a TD that wasn't beats you. A bad day is when you just miss your block, tackle, a hole or you jump just a second too soon and the pass brushes your fingers.

The last three games have been good for me and the Texans to see that they can still win; slop would not have gotten a win. It is also good to see the coaching.

It seems though that I am outnumbered that most just want a trophy regardless of how it comes.

I AM NOT saying this is a sloppy team but there has been some sloppy plays.