View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #47
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P.King on Watt & Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Did you see the number of times Watt rushes the passer compared to how many sacks he gets? Miller's number is much higher, meaning he gets to the passer more often on less opportunities. IMO, the "position" is already factored in.

Because Watt is the best 3-4 DE in the game, doesn't & shouldn't give him an edge in DPOY.

Body of work, their impact on the game, I think Watt is head & shoulders above everyone else. However, I understand I may be biased.

Miller has had a heck of an impact on the game as well. Beyond just getting after the QB. If the powers that be feel that Miller has had the most impact, so be it.

Imagine Brian Cushing was having a season similar to the one he had as a rookie & Watt is playing like he is now. Which one do you think would have the most impact on the game?
Ok again like i said Watt is facing constant double teams against G and OT and a lot of time triple teams with the HB helping out. Miller gets a lot of one on one and gets a lot of TE/HB match-ups. You cannot look at the stats/rushes and get an accurate conclusion. And i sure as hell hope he gets to the QB more per rushes. Again it all has to do with his position.

And the reason Watt will get DPOY is because it is so much more rare for a 3-4 DE to have the kinda success that watt is compared to the success of the position miller plays.

Watt Miller
Sacks 14.5 14.0
TFL 24 23
TCKL 54 47
Solo 44 39
PD 13 0
FF 0 4

Ok Now Miller has 4 FF, how many Tipped passes by watt has turned into turnovers ? I have no idea but i bet its close if not more than 4. Dont see how u think a guy who gets to go against TE's and HB's more times than not clearly wins out over the guy who gets double teames by the big guys up front and STILL has better stats than Miller.