View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: P.King on Watt & Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Funny thing is Watt is not supposed to be a pass rusher at that position in the 3-4. He is supposed to open up lanes for the LBs. Millers position is made to sack the QB. I just dont see how yall can compare a guy who often gets to go against TEs, and HBs to a guy who is constantly double teamed by G, OT and then the HB is usually there to help as well.

I mean come on, thats like saying ur a better shot than me while your shooting a target that isnt moving while mine is dancing around like a UFO.
Did you see the number of times Watt rushes the passer compared to how many sacks he gets? Miller's number is much higher, meaning he gets to the passer more often on less opportunities. IMO, the "position" is already factored in.

Because Watt is the best 3-4 DE in the game, doesn't & shouldn't give him an edge in DPOY.

Body of work, their impact on the game, I think Watt is head & shoulders above everyone else. However, I understand I may be biased.

Miller has had a heck of an impact on the game as well. Beyond just getting after the QB. If the powers that be feel that Miller has had the most impact, so be it.

Imagine Brian Cushing was having a season similar to the one he had as a rookie & Watt is playing like he is now. Which one do you think would have the most impact on the game?