View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P.King on Watt & Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
There's a lot more to being a good pass rusher than sacks.

Do you even watch Broncos games? I mean honestly, have you paid attention to Von Miller at all this season, or last season? He didn't win DROY by getting 11 unhindered runs at the QB, he has quite a few moves on top of great speed. He does in fact draw double teams, and when we played the Broncos in week 3, we had a TE, an OT or both going against him every play (D Brown shut him down a few times btw). He never had a single free run at Schaub from what I saw (though he did beat Newton/OD/Graham a few times to get QB hits). Go watch the game on TTTube if you don't believe me, he's number 58. He is usually at the WOLB position, but him and Dumerville switch sometimes, and he rushes the middle too. He definitely draws a lot of attention from opposing offenses, but like any elite player, he can overcome what they throw at him.
I wonder how many sacks JJ would have if they doubled him with a tackle and TE or RB. Huge difference getting doubled up by a G/C and a T/TE or T/RB.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote