View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P.King on Watt & Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So you're saying Watt should get a handicap because he plays a position that is traditionally not a pass rusher? Yeah, I'll still go with Miller as the better pass rusher of the two. Watt is clearly the better overall player, but he does not get to the QB as well as Miller does. Von looks like the second coming of Demarcus Ware to me.
Watt is dominating so many statistical categories, sometimes by as much as a 2-to-1 advantage, that I think he's the better of the two players.

In terms of affecting the overall game of an opposing offense, whether that be the run OR the pass...Watt, IMO, is the most dominating of the two players.

Which sucks because lately no other Texans defensive player is taking advantage of the double teams that Watt has been consistently drawing by blockers. I think Cody is, as some have said all along, a most necessary component of the DL. Obviously losing Cushing sucks, too. Two of our guys on the front 7 are out, and then they're double teaming Watt....so if guys like Barwin or Reed or Smith can't find ways to make hay out of opposing QBs and RBs, then what does that tell us about those guys???? Opens up a whole 'nuther can of worms is what it does.