Thread: AFC Tie-breaker
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Tie-breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
New England plays Houston and San Fransisco back to back. Those are the toughest two opponents that any these teams have on their schedule. I don't think they have the best shot to win out.
New England has some serious momentum and historically they roll in December. They're tough, tough, tough in the home stretch of the reg season.

They rarely play down to opponents. We'd have to have our A+ game in order to beat them, and would need them to let up a bit.

San Francisco, IMO, is not as strong as they appear. I put them in the same category as Atlanta. I don't think the Pats would lose to the 49ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Also, for some reason Miami always puts up a fight against them and has been known to steal a game from them in recent seasons.
Now THAT is something I was going to mention. I think the Pats will likely lose one of the 2 Dolphins games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Why ? NFL history is replete with examples of teams finishing with not just losing but totally miserable records one year and then making a remarkable rebound the very next into the playoffs. And then there's the fact that they had the opportunity to draft an extraordinary QB, and like they say the NFL is a QB league.
Why, you ask? Because outside of Reggie Wayne, their offense has practically unknown players. Even though Luck is considered to be this huge superstar right out of college, he still looks sub-Manning in many ways...and yet that team is gelling and finding ways to win games.

Nobody expected them to be this close behind us. They were supposed to get 8 or 9 wins at most. They have a good chance of playing us tough enough to win one of two from us, and even take advantage of the Texans should we stumble late in the reg season.

As a general note to everyone here:

Nothing is sewn up yet. These last 5 games are not W's yet. I would h-a-t-e for the Texans to let up now, and watch the Colts keep winning...and then have to beat the Colts to either win the AFCS or a wild card at worst. In fact, we must take at a minimum 3 out of the final 5 games to finish 13-3, IMO, in order to be safe for the playoffs. That gives us two "Crap Games" we could produce as long as we handle business in the other 3 games we have.

To me, we're going to beat the Titans next week...then that gives us the Pats. If we beat the Pats, IMO, we're in the drivers' seat the rest of the way. It would take Herculean efforts by our remaining opponents and our playoff seeding contending teams to knock us off the top perch of the AFC.

I will be on pins and needles the next two weeks.