View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Possible fine for JJ Watt

I've seen many a hit on the QB where I never looked for a flag or thought there may be a fine associated with it. But after seeing that hit, I was surprised there was no flag. It looked like a good hit. Didn't look like Jj Watt tried to do anything malicious, but it was clear that Watt's head hit Stafford in the chin.

I think some of these calls are ridiculous. Like an arm inadvertently brushed a QB's helmet, Or some of these where the defender did not have time to let up.

But I have to say I agree with the intent of protecting players & overall the approach they are going about doing it. It's not every head to head hit that is deemed illegal. It is on defenseless players & I think a QB who keeps his eyes down field & does not look at the pass rush is as defensless as you can get.

I think there is still some fine tuning that needs to be done. I wouldn't fine Watt for that hit. But if he has another one like that, then he'll get fined. But that's me. If the league decides to fine him, then it is what it is.

At the same time, if the league does not fine Suh for that drag down calf-roping he did, then I'd have to question the integrity of the league & if their true motives are in fact the safety of the players & not simply cya

I know I've seen members of this board complain there was no fine handed out when Schaub was hit the same way.