View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012   #47
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He didn't call for a fair catch as I remember it. Once he makes the decision not to call it, and to catch the ball, he must be given the opportunity to catch the ball and "set" before he can be hit..........just like a defenseless receiver.
Now let me see, special teams kicking team as I remember it:

a. When the ball leaves the tee you become a missle following that football.

b.The members of the kicking team assigned to block are moving obstacles you are to evade as you follow the ball to it's intended receiver.

c. As the ball gets closer TO the kick return man watch him. If he steps away from the path of the ball or raises his hand to signal fair catch, you mission is aborted.

d. If the return man FAILS to do EITHER of the aforementioned, the second that ball lands in his hands and he shifts his weight even a fraction of a millimeter it is YOUR job as a member of the kicking team...to break every bone in that muff-hugga's body!

Now in the play I watched:

a. The return man DID NOT remove himself from the path of the ball

b. The return man DID NOT wave for a fair catch

c. The return man DID make a catch

d. The return man DID shift his weight and prepare to advance the ball

&

e. (and this is the IMPORTANT part) Got his 3itch @$$ knocked the VUGG OUT by a member of the kicking team who was doing his DAMNED JOB!

For the sake of argument...I'd have to see the hit again, but I thought it was clean.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote