Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Williams, I like the pick. He definetely improves our WR corp. and spreads the defense. Good pick.
2. Nix, I really like the player but I don't think he's available at the end of the 2nd round. Someone is
going to fall in love with his measurables at the Combine. I think if you want him you'll have to take him in the 1st.
3. Smith, I don't know anything about him since I haven't looked at OLB's, don't see it as a need, but I like his size and production. How recent is the ACL injury?
3b. Jackson, good thumper to play the run in the middle of our front 7 next to Cushing. Good pick.
4. Wagner, I know he's currently listed as a 4th round pick but I think he goes earlier and we'd have to take him in the 3rd if we want him, love the player.
5. Williams, another good pick that offers great size, blocking, and depth at TE. Good pick.
5b. Woods, another guy I know nothing about since I haven't checked out RB's either.
6. Moore, not familiar with him either.
6b. Slay, good pick if still available. We'll need CB depth.
7. Armstrong, we could probably get him as an UDFA but in the 7th it's a good pick, put him on the practice squad and move him to ILB. He's got the speed and athleticism that you take a chance on late. Good pick.
Definitely think you could be correct on Nix in first but I am hoping GMs look at Poe's inability to step up after KC spent a high first on him & push Nix down. Nix like Poe will be 22 coming into NFl offering time to work with him. Wished I had a better grasp on Cody's back issues.
Smith:they say sacks come in bunches and they do for this guy; 5, 3.5 & 3 in only three games. He had ACL injury against Louisiana-Lafaytte mid November. He also has 18.5 tackles for loss. He had a very good game against Alabama. His per game avg is second in nation @ 1.85 and leads nation sacks per game @1.25. If he can avoid ballooning his weight in recovery, he can only get better especially in Wade's scheme and coaching. Injury may drop him but I would not allow too many rounds to go by without calling his name. Texans is a perfect team for him with Reed and Mercy ahead of him.
Wagner: may not be there at our pick but is solid fourth & I do not see him moving up. He does not have skill set especially laterals to play LT.
Cierre Woods is a Tate type back with size and speed. He had a violation of "team rules" prior to season & was suspended for 2 games as was a DE. He had 1100 yds 2011 but Riddick took his starter role this season and never lost it. Some say Woods will use his red shirt final season in return to ND but imo too many players want out of ND. He also tweeted he had played his last home game. http://www.crescent-news.com/ap%20sp...rb-cierre-wood
Against USC 18/118 6.6avg 2TDs
He will probably go much higher but for now....
Moore: Wolfe you should have watched the Irish this season.