View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Agreed. There's no question he was down. I can understand if Forsett didn't feel like his knee hit. There's a pad covering his knee and he clearly brushed the ground, didn't hit it. Doesn't change that the officials have to see that and call it but we all know he was down.

Detoilet fans act like this bad call cost them the game though and I'm getting sick of hearing that.
If the rule didn't nullify the review, let's say it only penalized Schwartz 15 yards but the TD was reviewable, since the talk is about the nullification of the review, then we'd still get a first down and 15 yards down the field.

It's conceivable that we still score a TD on that drive. So for me, the naysayers are all crazy. Had the refs called a better game, specifically the endless holding and hands to the face by the Detriot OL all game long, the cheap shots by the Detroit defense, then the game might favor us even more.

The comments in the ESPN article show solid support for Houston on this issue. The vast majority dislike Schwartz, severely dislike Suh, so they are getting few sympathy votes on it.