View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
picking 32nd is such a ***** you know

So had to do some real soul searching to come up with Rhodes. Secondary along with Wide Receiver are two of the toughest positions to eval not to mention hit on. I've been really impressed with Ball filling in for Joseph, maybe other teams will too & I believe he is on a one year contract? Talk about losing Brice McCain also makes me nervous, a nickle but still affects overall depth of secondary. The reason why Wade put Ball on Calvin Johnson was because he was the closest physical match-up. Alan is 6-2 190. Xavier Rhodes is 6-2 217. He is very athletic, with ball hawking skills, thus presents match-up combos Wade likes to utilize. Not to mention Wade will not have to throw him to the wolves as a rookie, allowing him to blossom like he did with Kareem in second year. Ball is like already 27 & Manning is 30 so which ever direction they choose he will have ample opportunity with value rising for secondary talent this pushed him over the top in my view.
Amerson is also 6'2" tho a little lighter in the ass at 195ish.

Trufant is 6'0" 190 , probably more of the classic corner than either of the other two.

I want a bigger corner too .... thats why I was looking at those two in particular. I think they are both more fluid athletes too ... Both should be able to match up to the bigger recievers physically.

Yeah picking that deep is a real crapshoot .... hell any of those three could go much higher than this. I'd be Ok with any of the above honesty tho if I had my pick it would be Amerson right now.

McCain's pending FA and Ball's 1 year deal are why I was thinking to take a CB very early , no later than the 2nd .... where you may be able to get one of the above if the draft fell just right.

Ive been really happy with Ball's improvement thruout the season .... He was getting torched in preseason and he held his own defending Megatron , a couple of those throws had to be perfect and also were difficult catches.
He's also been a beast on ST. I'd like to see him stick around next season .... but I have a feeling someone will offer him a bigger payday than the Texans can afford.

Losing both Ball and McCain would be worst case scenario IMO. If I could keep one , it would be Ball believe it or not.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote