View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I like it!

1) Except for Rhodes. I dont know if Rhodes is a CB or FS in the pros, and I dont know if he will great at either position. He is a little stiff for CB, so I tend to look at him as a FS. Still, I dont hate the position. Its becoming a passing league, need to be able to defend the pass. If you think Rhodes is that guy, then this is a good pick.

2) Big road-grading RT, I like it. As I noted in Dopple's mock, I worry about his mobility. But the fact that you guys both think he has that ability makes me think I may have misjudged the guy.

3) As much as I like going OG, I dont know if Long is the guy. He is a sick athlete who has the length to play OT. Why stick him inside? I think you would be much better served grabbing Long here as a tackle, and using your second or some later other pick to upgrade the interior line.

3) Sign me up. Love this pick, the kid is a baller.

4) I like Vernon, and with AJ going all beast mode on us, I think we can ease up on the search for a number 1. Vernon can be an excellent number 2, so I am 100% liking this pick.

5) I like taking a down-hill RB, but dont know much about Ware. I trust your eval, and suggest a couple other guys who fit the bill here- Burkhead, Stacy, Wood.

5) I like it. Big NT, has underrated agility. Solid pick.

6) Great minds think alike! Kasa would be a great pick.

6) I prefer the Oregon punter, but this is not a bad pick. The Texans have a strong team, so it is more and more unlikely these late picks make the team. Having some competition at P would be good.

7) Nice pick. I hope he can recover from his injury.

Like I said, I would be a fan of this draft. There are some good names and positions here.
thanks 65

there is a lot here (based off Doppelbock projections) so I will just expound a little about Long, who I keep moving up my draft board. He is extremely LONG for position (pun intended) however he is very athletic & natural knee bender, the advantage this gives him is leverage in pass pro. Along with Brown Texans can completely shut down stunts & blitzes which is reason why I felt compelled to upgrade RT position with enforcer. Matt Schaub is & will be the Texans QB & he requires extra protection which this will afford him.

Kyle is extremely competitive with some nasty game. Lineage is a plus, as mentioned his father is Howie an all-pro defensive end for the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders and is a member of the NFL Hall of Fame. Brother Chris was selected 2nd overall in the 2008 NFL draft as defensive end for the NFL’s St. Louis Rams. Kyle actually started out playing DE, pressure following brother & father I suppose, but made the switch to OL, kept growing & never looked back. Kyle could even go higher than 3rd when all said & done. He seems natural playing inside because he loves contact, he is that guy who goes out of his way to find a good fight, home in traffic often times playing past the whistle if you know what I mean? Despite how good Wade has been for the Texans he will not play forever, this is the type of player you want to re-tool & keep a good thing going, if a dare say, take it to the next level.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote