Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock
I like it!
1) Except for Rhodes. I dont know if Rhodes is a CB or FS in the pros, and I dont know if he will great at either position. He is a little stiff for CB, so I tend to look at him as a FS. Still, I dont hate the position. Its becoming a passing league, need to be able to defend the pass. If you think Rhodes is that guy, then this is a good pick.
2) Big road-grading RT, I like it. As I noted in Dopple's mock, I worry about his mobility. But the fact that you guys both think he has that ability makes me think I may have misjudged the guy.
3) As much as I like going OG, I dont know if Long is the guy. He is a sick athlete who has the length to play OT. Why stick him inside? I think you would be much better served grabbing Long here as a tackle, and using your second or some later other pick to upgrade the interior line.
3) Sign me up. Love this pick, the kid is a baller.
4) I like Vernon, and with AJ going all beast mode on us, I think we can ease up on the search for a number 1. Vernon can be an excellent number 2, so I am 100% liking this pick.
5) I like taking a down-hill RB, but dont know much about Ware. I trust your eval, and suggest a couple other guys who fit the bill here- Burkhead, Stacy, Wood.
5) I like it. Big NT, has underrated agility. Solid pick.
6) Great minds think alike! Kasa would be a great pick.
6) I prefer the Oregon punter, but this is not a bad pick. The Texans have a strong team, so it is more and more unlikely these late picks make the team. Having some competition at P would be good.
7) Nice pick. I hope he can recover from his injury.
Like I said, I would be a fan of this draft. There are some good names and positions here.