Originally Posted by badboy
1. WR Terrance Williams Baylor 6'2" 205 4.48 1600 yds 18.5 avg with one game remaining. I keep trying to mock someone else here especially as I think WRs are set. Texans had 6 with Holliday & Martin can take that spot (better receiver). Williams is just good. BPA.
2. NT Luis Nix Notre Dame 6'3" 325 Cody should be gone but even if he is re-signed with his injury history, we need to strengthen this spot. Only dire need.
3 a. OLB Quanteras Smith Western Kentucky 6'5" 248 should be recovered from recent ACL 12.5 sacks.
3 b. ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky 6'1" 262 105 tackles reminds me of Dont'a Hightower and he can go side to side and into coverage.
4. OT/OG Ricky Wagner Wisconsin 6'6" 318 moved to LT 2012 but should be RT. Knee injury did not end his season but his lateral movement must improved. Replaces either Harris or Gardner.
5 a. TE Michael Williams Alabama 6'5" 272 good blocker soft hands
5 b. RB Cierre Woods Notre Dame 6'1" 215 102/720 7.1 (plays USC tonight)
Wants out of ND as has been reported with Nix.
6 a. DE Kapron Lewis-Moore Notre Dame 6'4" 304
6 b. CB/FS Darrius Slay Mississippi State 6'1" 190 5 INTs (does not include tonight) can play man coverage.
7. SS Ray Armstrong 6'4" 228 released for interacting with boosters. Others have said he could be a hybrid LB similar to some of Quin's plays.
1) Like BL, I am slowly warming to T. Williams. He has all the measurables, and puts up some nice stats. However, when I actually watch Baylor play, he does not stand out to me in terms of me thinking "NFL receiver". I cant explain it, and therefore it must not be that big of a deal. Good pick, though I am starting to wonder about WR being that much of a need. AJ has been dominant, and his current style of play wont rapidly diminish with age. He should be a great receiver for at least 3 more years.
2) I love Nix, but if the dude declares he is going in the 1st. I cant see him going in the second anymore. My only concern is his demeanor and attitude. I notice he has a tendency to take some penalties at times, and seems to be a bit of a hot-head. I worry about him becoming a Suh or Haynesworth in this respect.
3) Q Smith... a torn ACL is going to kill his stock. Sure he MIGHT recover by the time the season starts, but he wont be able to participate in the Combine or Pro days. He will drop come draft day.
3) Sign me up for Jackson.
4) Not sold on Wagner. Before the season I really liked him, but he was not impressive this year. Like you said, he needs to show better movement, and I just dont think he has it in him. I think he will be a good RT in the pros, but he just does not fit the system.
5) Blocking TE, I like it. He has some soft hands too, keep the D honest.
5) I am a huge fan of Woods. I had him on a mock I did not post a couple weeks ago, I think he can be a great number 2 in the NFL. Does this mean Tate is gone?
6) KLM is a good player, fits in well. Nice pick.
6) You are choosing the wrong Miss. State DB! I think Slay is benefiting from Banks and Broomfield, but this late in the draft you really cant go wrong if you have a good feeling about a player. Slay's size does mean he has a higher upside than my preferred Broomfield, but I dont think he measures up skill wise.
7) Cant go wrong here. 7th rounders likely dont make the team, he could be a good project for the PS.
I like the mock, but I think you could invest more in the OL.