View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think they are getting away from the helmet to helmet language & being more specific. Helmet to helmet is not a penalty unless it's against a defenseless receiver, QB, & there are some other extenuating circumstances like launching yourself into a player, or using the crown of your helmet.

Helmet to helmet happens all the time & imo, can't be a penalty in & of itself.
Defenseless receiver seems to be a heckuva lot more general than helmet to helmet. I don't believe they called him for the helmet hit at all. I believe they called him for the reason cloak described... he wasn't "set" enough. Whatever they really meant... I wish they would tighten up the wording when it comes to penalties. Be consistent with what the calls are called.