View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I didn't say safety. I said covering their butt. You can blame NFL all you want, but the league would not be going this way if former players were not suing.

I'm sure the same thing happened with your company when the person was catapicated (??). Someone sued your company, or OSHA had a fit, & your company put rules in place to keep people from getting catapicated (??) again. Those rules may not be followed as closely as the NFL is following their rules, most likely because you don't have weekly televised broadcast of everyday work practices.

But let someone else get catapicated (??) & I bet they'll enforce their rules then.
You have to sign a waiver with your new hire paperwork saying the company is not liable for loss of life, it is that way with 95% of all oilfield companies. i think the exception is off shore companies.

But that wasnt really my point, all these has been players who are now broke are suing the NFL, not a big surprise. Kinda like that burgular 5-10 years ago who fell on a knife in this ladies kitchen while breaking into her house and sued her and won. I mean we can all agree our legal system has become a big joke.