View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris Penalty on Punt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
If that is the applicable rule the way I read it is that he is defenseless as long as he , thus making a hit to the head illegal.

Seems to me once he has become set he is no longer a defenseless player and therefore can be hit.

If it was just a plane Jane helmet to helmet then they made the wrong call.

????
You're the lawyer , so I think you are very well qualified to read the rules, but also the reason for the rule.

The rule was made "supposedly" to protect a defenseless player.
So I would think as long as that guy is qualified as such, he should be "protected" by that rule.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote